TOGETHER, WE CAN SUPPORT REFUGEES & REDUCE THEIR RISK TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING.
Thousands of refugees from Ukraine are pouring across the Romanian border everyday. More than 530,000 have crossed so far with many more expected. We are collaborating with several organizations and individuals in Romania to provide assistance to refugees fleeing the war as well as supporting Ukrainians that are still in Ukraine.
The young women and children that are leaving their country to find safety are incredibly vulnerable right now to human trafficking. It’s important that we are able to provide safe services (shelter & transportation) and help them find legitimate relocation within Romania or outside of the country. Unfortunately, there are people that will inflict further pain through trafficking and exploitation. We’re working hard alongside our partners to ensure their safety during this time.
No one can plan for a crisis and many Romanian organizations and individuals are generously giving everything they have. We have the opportunity to surround them and ensure they can endure the additional costs. 100% of the money donated will go directly to these efforts across Romania. Your donation will go towards meeting the basic needs of Ukrainian citizens during this difficult time and will assist with food, clothing, and housing.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished together so far:
- Funded meals for 285 Ukrainians trapped in Odesa (Ukraine)
- Secured temporary housing for 17 refugees
- Coordinated and opened a temporary shelter for 60 refugees
- Provided funding to purchase tea, coffee, vitamins, etc. for refugees
- Bought blankets for children waiting in line at Ukraine/Romania border
- Financially supported additional expenses incurred by partner to take in
young refugee women
- Provided funding to send supplies to a bomb shelter in Odesa
- Funded meals and other needed supplies in Moldova
- Transported medical supplies from the US to Romania